Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

MY GRANDMOTHER: IN MEMORIAM

Last Saturday we got the saddest news from Sri Lanka: my grandmother, who helped raise us and who looked after us while my mother went to America (and then brought us to her over a year later), passed away in her sleep. My aunt and her family were looking after her, and my mother even got to go and visit her for a couple of weeks right before she died. She was in pain, so no-one wanted her to suffer. But it was still a huge blow for us all.

I now have no living grandparents, and my mother has no living parents. But cliched as this may sound, as Buddhists we believe that they are still looking after us, and depending on our karma we will meet again in another life. 

But for now I'm in this life. And I want my grandma.

Here we are, three generations of women - my mother, me (at around one month old) and my grandmother:



I will miss her for as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?