Search This Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2014

THE MID CEYLON-TURY ... LITTLE DETAILS

I just loved seeing all the little mid century details in Sri Lankan homes! They were everywhere, like little whispers from the past. 

Here, the hexagon-shaped metal window grills in my sister-in-law's home. These are invaluable for letting the breezes in while keeping intruders out:


Details from an adorable mid century-print tablecloth that used to belong to my mother-in-law:



A "hairpin" balcony on a storefront near my sister-in-law's home (I remember so many of these from my childhood): 


I also loved the striking circular tilework on the walls of a house near the place we stayed during our holiday: 


There were so many other amazing mid century details we saw everywhere. Alas, I just couldn't get photos of them (traveling with a toddler doesn't allow for many photo-ops, unfortunately). But next time we go to Sri Lanka I'm determined to take those pics. Can't wait to share them, but until then I have a lot more mid century goodness to show you in the days to come.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?